Spicy Red Peppers with Quinoa
Servings: 4 Person
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups quinoa (cooked)
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 3 finely diced jalapenos
- 1 yellow bell pepper (finely diced)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
In a large skillet, cook the ground turkey, onion, diced jalapeno, diced yellow pepper, garlic, parsley, paprika, salt, pepper flakes and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain excess juice. Add the can of diced tomatoes and the can of tomato sauce. Stir and heat until warm. Add the cooked quinoa and stir (fold) the mixture thoroughly until heated through.
Place peppers face up in a 13×9” dish (sprayed or wiped with olive oil). Spoon mixture into pepper halves. Some mixture will remain, so just place this in between and under peppers.
Cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes or until peppers are tender. For crispy tops, bake uncovered last 10 minutes or so.