Enchilada with Prime Veggie Meat
Guilt-Free · No Meat · Healthy Eating!
Servings: 5 Person
Turn oven on to 400˚F
- 1/2 lb Bart’s Better Prime Veggie Meat (half a container, or more if you choose!)
- 2 portobello or other mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups spinach leaves (raw or frozen)
- 1/2 cup diced yellow or white onion
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 mini corn tortillas
- 2 cups vegan cheese
- 1 packet taco or enchilada seasoning
Note on seasoning: I used a taco seasoning I purchased at the grocery store to season the portobellos as well as Bart’s Better Prime Veggie Meat. I DID NOT ADD WATER PER THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE PACKET. The mushrooms and Bart’s Better have enough moisture that no water is needed. Portion: Use 1 part for the portobello mushrooms and 1 part for the Prime Veggie Meat—sprinkle across layer of meat.
Layer in any additional vegetables of your choice!
- First, wash and clean the portobellos, removing the woody stems. Optional: Sautée first. Slice crosswise and then in half. In a medium skillet, add the olive oil. Heat the oil, then toss in the portobello mushrooms and stir in the seasoning. Cook until tender (but not mushy!). Put aside in a bowl.
- In an 8 1/2” by 11” baking dish, proceed as follows:
- Layer corn tortillas (about 4) on the bottom of the dish
- Then Add:
- Prime Veggie Meat (using a spoon, scoop out chunks and toss on)
- Top layer of corn tortillas (about 4)
- More Cheese!
- Cook for 40 minutes to a hour total. Cover with foil for the first 25-30 minutes. Remove the foil after that time to let the cheese melt and brown a bit (additional 15 minutes).
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole!
Like this recipe? Explore more Pacific Northwest inspired recipes.